Are you planning to Study Cyber Security in New Zealand? If Yes, then you are at the right place. This article will discuss everything about pursuing Masters in Cyber Security in New Zealand for Indian Students. Studying in New Zealand is a perfect decision for an Indian Student. New Zealand is one of the safest nations on the earth and has based its education system on the successful UK model. Tuition Fees are also relatively affordable compared to other English speaking nations such as the USA or UK. As an International student, you’ll also enjoy the hospitality of local New Zealanders. You’ll also get an opportunity to try and enjoy all kinds of fun outdoor activities such as canoeing, scuba diving, hiking, and ice climbing etc. Let’s find out!
Why Study Masters in Cyber Security in New Zealand?
- New Zealand has a strong demand for cyber security professionals. This field has some of the best sought-after courses across New Zealand. International students pursuing Masters in Cyber Security in New Zealand have great career opportunities.
- International students aspiring to pursue Masters in Cyber Security have many options available to choose globally-acclaimed institutions such as The University of Waikato and Massey University. Their programs are highly regarded with a focus on real-world application and problem-solving skills.
- Another benefit of pursuing this course from New Zealand is that you gain both technical and theoretical knowledge as well as practical experience through internships and projects.
- Eligibility requirement is also simple with a Bachelor’s degree in information technology or cyber security as an admittance requirement is required. A high level of English proficiency is also expected.
- The Tuition fees for this course is generally more affordable compared to other English-speaking nations such as UK or USA.
- Pursuing a Masters in Cyber security in New Zealand can be a rewarding experience for International Students both academically and professionally. If you are ready for the challenges of this rapidly exploring field, consider pursuing Cyber Security as Masters in New Zealand.
Masters in Cybersecurity in New Zealand – Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree or a Post Graduate Diploma (preferably in Computer Science/Computer Engineering).
- An average score of at least B in your 300 level or higher Computer Science Papers.
- IELTS (Academic) overall score of 6.5 (no band should be less than 6.0); IBT (internet-based) paper.
- Pearson PTE Academic Test – An overall score of 58 is required and no PTE communicative skills score should be below 50;
Masters in Cybersecurity in New Zealand – Documents Required
- Valid ID proof (Proof of nationality)
- Passport proof
- One Passport photo
- Evidence of all your past Academic Education
- Letters of Recommendations (LORs)
- Statement of Purpose (SOPs)
Masters in Cybersecurity in New Zealand – Cost of Studying
The advantage of studying Cyber Security in New Zealand is that Tuition Fees for the whole Masters course is much less than most European countries or USA. In fact, the biggest motivation for International students is that New Zealand universities also offer scholarships & funding also. Let’s see the Total course fees for some of the popular Cybersecurity masters in New Zealand.
|University||Name of Course||World University Rank||Total Course Fee (approx.)|
|University of Waikato||Master of Cyber Security||401||INR 25,77,000|
|Auckland University of Technology||Master of Information Security & Digital Forensics||251||INR 26,70,900|
|Southern Institute of Technology||Diploma in Cyber Security (Level 6)||N/A||INR 6,47,500|
|University of Auckland||Master of Professional Studies – Digital Security||137||INR 17,02,000|
|Unitech New Zealand Ltd||New Zealand Diploma in Cyber Security (Level 6)||N/A||INR 10,79,900|
|Wellington Institute of Technology||Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security||N/A||INR 9,62,000|
|Wellington Institute of Technology||Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)||N/A||INR 33,88,800|
Masters in Cybersecurity in New Zealand – Career Opportunities
The demand for trained Cybersecurity professionals is increasing at the rate of 3 times the average of other IT professionals. Cybersecurity IT professionals have nearly zero unemployment rate. Candidates who have completed Cybersecurity Masters in New Zealand are in high demand in New Zealand and across the Globe. Some of the prominent career opportunities are
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Assessment Consultants
- Penetration Testers
- IT Security Consultant
- Entrepreneurs of new security products & service
Top Universities for Masters in Cyber Security New Zealand
|University||Course Name||Tuition Fees in NZD|
|University of Auckland||Masters of Information Technology||44,000 NZ$ (Approx.)|
|Victoria University of Wellington||Master of Computer Science||59,000 NZ$ (Approx.)|
|University of Waikato||MSc – Computer science||36,000 NZ$ (Approx.)|
|Massey University||Master of information sciences||35,000 NZ$ (Approx.)|
|University of Canterbury||Professional master of computer science||60,000 NZ$ (Approx.)|
|Auckland University of Technology||Master of computer and information sciences||38,000 NZ$ (Approx.)|
|University Of Otago||MS in Computer science||55,000 NZ$ (Approx.)|
Scholarships for Masters in Cyber Security New Zealand
If you are facing financial constraints to Study in New Zealand, you needn’t worry at all! There are a lot of Scholarships available to ease your financial burden. New Zealand offers several scholarships to International students. You can apply for the following scholarships in New Zealand:
- Scholarship for International Exchange at CMS
- Excellence Award from AUT’s Pro Vice-Chancellor for International Students
- Scholarships for cyber security from Sir William Gallagher
New Zealand Student Visa process
Indian Students going to Study in New Zealand for more than three months need to apply for a New Zealand Student Visa. A Student Visa will allow a student to study in New Zealand for a prescribed time period.
- Student Visa – Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must submit a confirmed offer letter for a course registered under the Ministry of Education, New Zealand.
- It is essential for an applicant to show proof of at least INR 8 lakhs fund for a year to study in New Zealand.
- An applicant has to maintain at least NZD 1200 – NZD 1250 per month to survive in New Zealand.
- Student Visa – Cost of Application–
Students who are submitting their application for Student Visa online are required to pay a Visa fee of NZD 330 + INR 747 (approx.) as the receiving center fees at New Delhi. Candidates who are applying for their Student Visa via post are required to pay USD 330 +INR 955 (approx.) as the receiving center fees at New Delhi.
- Student Visa – Documents Required
- Valid Passport
- Student Visa application form completely filled
- Payment receipt for application fee
- Offer letter from a New Zealand university/institute
- Health Insurance receipt
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Schools degrees, diplomas, or certificates transcripts
- IELTS, TOEFL,GRE or GMAT scores
There’s an increasing demand for trained Cyber Security professionals across the globe. Studying Masters in Cyber Security in New Zealand will help you to develop the skills needed to become a specialist in this area. After graduating from this program, you’ll have a thorough understanding of all technical, legal, and management aspects of Cyber Security. You’ll also get an opportunity to master the skills of detecting security breaches, penetration testing of computer systems, cloud computing technologies, preventative security, and laws relating to cyber security. Gaining expertise through a cyber security degree will make you irreplaceable in the twenty-first century. If you’ve found this blog post useful, please share and like this blog! Drop your comments also!