Post Graduation in Ireland
Ireland located in Europe is one of the best places to study for a Masters. Apart from this, Ireland boasts of some of the top-ranked universities in the world making it a popular destination amongst aspiring international students. And if you are thinking of pursuing Post Graduation in Ireland, you are making a great choice.
Ireland is much more affordable in terms of tuition and cost of living compared to other Study Abroad Destinations like the UK & USA. The duration of Post Graduation in Ireland is 1 to 2 years. So, if you are aspiring to study masters in Ireland, then this blog post is just for you. Read on to learn everything to get started for an Ireland Masters degree.
Why Pursue Post Graduation in Ireland?
Is it worth doing Post Graduation in Ireland? Besides the added bonus of European lifestyle, there are many other advantages of pursuing masters in Ireland for International Students. Let’s find out why studying Post Graduation in Ireland is a great choice?
- Hub of Multinational companies: Ireland has one of the lowest corporate taxes in Europe. Hence, it has become the hub of Multinational companies around the world. This means a lot of job opportunities waiting for you right after masters in Ireland.
- Two-year Stay Back Option: If you Pursue Post Graduation from Ireland, you will get an added bonus of 2-year stay back option right after completing the degree. This will give you extra time to look for jobs comfortably after post graduation.
- Blue Card of residence: Students pursuing Masters in Ireland are entitled to Blue card of residence. It means they will also get all the benefits an European Citizen enjoys.
- Booming Irish Economy: The economy of Ireland is growing at a faster rate. It means more and more job opportunities for International Students.
- English-Speaking Country: Ireland is majorly an English-speaking nation. It means as an International student, you needn’t learn an Extra language. This will make it easier to adjust to Irish Culture.
Post Graduation in Ireland – How to apply?
- Search for colleges and courses
- Contact universities and visit their websites for information
- Shortlist the name of the Colleges
- Appear for language exams like TOEFL or IELTS
- Submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP), and Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
- Get yourself Registered at Central Applications Office
- Apply to the colleges as per your interests
- Appear for video interviews of the colleges if you’re short-listed
- If accepted, apply for Study Visa as early as possible
Post Graduation in Ireland – Eligibility criteria
- A Bachelor’s in a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A minimum academic score of 60 percent and above in Standard XII is required.
- Academic Transcripts of Standard X, XII, and the bachelor’s degree.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Two letters of recommendation (LOR) from the employer/manager who can comment on your professional abilities in case of candidates having work experience.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Certificates/achievements of extracurricular activities
- Proof of funds to study
- Health Insurance
- Passport photocopy
- Portfolio in case of art and design courses or architecture programs
Cost of Post Graduation in Ireland
The cost of studying Post Graduation in Ireland varies between 9,000-34,000 Euros (INR 7 lakhs-30 lakhs approx.) per annum. MBA courses are slightly expensive and cost between 20,000-35,000 Euros (17 lakhs – 31 lakhs approx.) per annum.
Costs of living in Ireland for International Students
Expect to spend between 500-2000 Euros/month. Average costs of living in Irish cities. These costs include accommodation costs also.
|Cities||Average Cost of living Per Month|
|Dublin||1100-1800 Euros (INR 95,000-1,55,000)|
|Cork||850-1400 Euros (INR 73,000-1,20,000)|
|Galway/Other Small cities||800-1100 Euros (INR 73,000-95,000)|
Food Cost- Average monthly food costs are affordable in Ireland. Grocery shopping will cost you around 250-350 Euros/month (21,000-30,000 INR). Supermarkets such as Tesco, Dunnes, Aldi, Lidl, or Superquinn provide you an option of cheaper food products. A dining at a small restaurant will costs you around 15 Euro (INR 1200)
Transportation Costs- International Students can avail the benefits of discount on Student Leap Card to travel around the country. A monthly pass with special discounts for students is available for around 50-55 Euros/month (INR 4,500-4,750/month). The most popular mode of transportation is the bicycle. You can rent a bicycle to roam around the city for around 20 Euro/Day (1700 INR/day).
- Books and other study materials: 75 EUR/month (INR 6,500/month)
- Social activities/entertainment: 60 – 100 EUR/month (INR 5,000-8,600/month)
- Medical insurance: 45 EUR/month (INR 4,000/month)
Accommodation Costs in Ireland
It is advisable to start hunting for an accommodation once you receive an offer letter from the university. It is very challenging to find a suitable accommodation since the university supply is limited and the demand is high.
|Accommodation Options||Costs (approx.)/per month|
|Student Residence halls||200-300 Euro (17,000-26,000 INR)|
|Student living alone||400-900 Euro (34,000-77,000 INR)|
|Student living with partner/colleagues||450-550 Euro (39,000-47,500 INR)|
|Student living on campus||300-650 Euro (25,000-56,000 INR)|
Student Visa Cost
You’ll require a Student Visa to pursue Post Graduation in Ireland. Depending on your course type, you have the option to choose between Visa C & D. However, the cost to procure any of the Study Visa is the same: Euro 60 for a single visit.
Top Post Graduation Colleges in Ireland
|University||QS World University Rankings 2023|
|Trinity College Dublin||101|
|University College Dublin||173|
|National University of Ireland Galway||258|
|University College Cork||298|
|Dublin City University||490|
|University of Limerick||501|
|Technological University Dublin||801|
Post Graduation in Ireland 2023 – Top Courses
- CS and Information Systems
- English Language and Literature
- Classics and Ancient History
- Master’s degrees in Humanities
- Master’s degrees in Business and Management
- Politics and International Studies
- Veterinary Science
Post Graduation in Ireland 2023 – Scholarship Programs
There are some centrally funded Irish scholarships which are offered in all the top universities in Ireland. Using this basis for categorization, scholarships in Ireland can be classified into two categories:
These are the main scholarships that are offered by various universities:
- Government of Ireland Scholarships– Offered to international students who want to study in Ireland at the postgraduate level. These Irish scholarships are awarded to International students from countries such as the USA, India, Brazil and China. The Government of Ireland scholarship for education in Ireland is awarded to a total of 60 candidates annually and is valid for the duration of the whole year.
- The Walsh Fellowships– Agriculture and Food Development Authority or Teagasc sponsors these Walsh Fellowships and are for prospective postgraduate students seeking higher education in Ireland. Annually, 30 scholarships are awarded to students who want to pursue higher studies in Ireland.
- Irish Research Council Scholarships– Irish Research Council offer these scholarships for international students and are awarded to students at the postgraduate level of study as well as the postdoctoral level.
University-Specific Scholarship – Trinity College Dublin
- Global Excellence Scholarships
- Scholarship for Irish Studies
- School of Business Scholarships
- School of Law Scholarships
University College Dublin Scholarships
- V.V. Giri Scholarship
- Smurfit Business School Scholarships
- Sutherland School of Law Scholarships
- Maynooth University Scholarships
- Taught Master’s Scholarship
Post Graduation in Ireland– Other Scholarships
- DIT Centenary Scholarship Programme
- National University Ireland (NUI) Galway International Student Scholarships
- National College of Ireland Scholarships
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology Scholarship
Candidates completing their Post Graduation in Ireland become eligible for a Post-Study Work Visa of two years. Also, this masters degree will act as an excellent base for further study at PhD level. Irish degrees are recognized for excellence worldwide. We hope that this information on Post Graduation in Ireland has helped you. Please share and like this post! Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.