MBA in Health Care and Hospital
Administration is a relatively new choice as compared to other streams in the
field of business management for students looking for careers in healthcare.
The stream has generated many MBA
healthcare management jobs, which have contributed to the growth of the
healthcare and hospital administration management sector.
to MBA in Health Care & Hospital Administration
MBA in Healthcare and Hospital Administration is a two-year full-time postgraduate programme. The eligibility to join the course is an undergraduate degree in any discipline with an aggregate score of 50% from a recognised university. MBA in hospital management is branched into four semesters, six months in each.
It is the right pick for candidates
who have knowledge about the healthcare sector and the passion for diligently
working in the caregiving sector. A successful Career in Healthcare requires
someone with good communication skills and the ability to interact efficiently
with people. Candidates with a background or an undergraduate degree in streams
related to healthcare sectors such as health science, biotechnology,
physiotherapy, microbiology, and medicine have an added advantage while
pursuing the course.
Professions which require an MBA in Health Care & Hospital Administration
MBA in Health Care & Hospital Administration not only promotes the candidates to gain knowledge of the field but also prepares them to be intuitive and alert about the changing trends of the industry. Healthcare MBA jobs and MBA hospital management jobs are offered to candidates who showcase strong subject knowledge and have the leadership qualities to manage big organisational structures.Needless to say, like any other business management sector, candidates have a wide variety of careers in healthcare prospects to choose from. MBA careers in healthcare mostly relate to top firms in the health care business such as Sharda Hospital.
hospital management also finds scope in
the following sectors of industry:
- Public health system
- Hospital administration
- Clinical research laboratories
- Healthcare consultancy firms
- Pharmaceutical production organisations
The following list of designations
will provide a better understanding of careers
in healthcare industry in which candidates receive attractive packages and
immense job satisfaction:
- Healthcare Information Manager– This person is the knowledge base of the hospital and processes all information pertaining to the hospital. The role also ensures the proper functioning of the digital units for effective data processing.
- Hospital Administrator– An administrator takes care of all the logistics and financial systems of the hospital. The role requires effective leadership qualities which can help in making new and better policies in compliance with the government standards, enabling the hospital to deliver the services in an efficient manner.
- Hospital CEO– This is a higher management role in which the officer maintains financial records and ensures the smooth functioning of the hospital.
- Hospital CFO– This is a higher management role in which all the decisions are made basis the planning, management of finances and maintenance of records of the hospital.
- Medical Practice Manager– The medical practice manager provides budgeting and handles schedules, recruitment, and management of the hospital staff.
- Oncology Coordinator– This job pertains specifically to the cancer units of a hospital. A coordinator ensures optimal patient care and works together with other disciplines of the hospital to give proper assistance to cancer patients.
- Pharmaceutical Production Manager– This role attributes to analysing and reviewing investments, and creating promotional campaigns for new medical drugs and devices.
- Physician Relations Liaison– The person in this role works in coordination with the marketing, sales, and business development teams.