Canada is one of the countries that commonly make “top most” vacation spot lists. Whether you’re interested in the country’s breathtaking natural beauty, delectable cuisine, mountain resorts, distinctive culture, furthering your education, or outstanding road adventures, Canada offers it all! There are 16 UNESCO-listed World Heritage Sites in Canada! The world’s largest ski sessions, arctic foxes, the Nordic Stars, and fondue (fries covered in velvety white sauce!)are also found there. With so much to offer, it’s no surprise that Canada has become a popular tourist and student destination. Canada provides the best education available, and thousands of students visit the country each year to pursue their higher education. When a student decides to go to Canada, one thing is certain: what is the procedure for obtaining a Canada study visa, and what is it like to study in Canada? You do not have to worry about it as through this blog we are going to discuss the complete procedure of a Canada study visa and what it is like to study in Canada. A lot more to know and a lot more to discuss so let’s begin.
Study in Canada
Studying in Canada is a dream come true opportunity for any individual. Canada is considered one of the top study-abroad locations for students because of its rigorous academic requirements and reasonable university fees. Canada has over 6,21,565 international students studying there till August 2021, which explains why it is so well-liked across the world.
What is the cost to Study in Canada?
Studying in Canada is one of the cheapest options compared to other English-speaking nations. Canada offers a total of 4 types of degrees UG, PG, Ph.D., and MBA and the tuition fees for all the programs are as followed-
- Undergraduate- 15,000-18,000 CAD
- PG- 17,000-19,000 CAD
- Ph.D.- 9,000-17,000 CAD
- MBA- 25,000-32,000 CAD
Canada Study Visa
The most crucial component you’ll require if you wish to study in Canada is a Canada study visa. Canada is a great place for foreign students since it has several top-notch universities and active, multicultural student communities. You must complete the Canada student visa application procedure correctly at numerous crucial points. This will offer you with all the knowledge you need to start your approach off on the greatest feasible footing, from costs and waivers to crucial Canadian student visa information for overseas needs.
What is a Canada Study Visa?
To encourage eligible international students to study in Canada, the Canadian immigration authorities offer study visas. You will require a visiting visa or a digital travel permission to enter the country because a study permit is not a visa. Once your study permission has been approved, the visa officials will issue either a guest visa or a digital authorisation. You are permitted to stay as long as you have a study permit, plus an extra 90 days. Throughout these extra days, you can also get ready to depart the nation or lengthen your stay. (Note- Study permit processing fees is 150 CAD + 200 CAD more for your medical and biometric tests)
How to apply for a Canada Study Visa?
As soon as you get your program offer letter, it’s a good idea to register for your study visa to do so in Canada. Generally speaking, things go easier if you are organized and ready before beginning your request. However, there might occasionally be complications, and it could even take up to three months to get your study visa. You may allow yourself the opportunity to address any concerns that may arise throughout the application process by starting it early. Step-by-step guidance is provided below to assist you in planning everything you require to finish the visa application procedure.
- Formalize your Admission to a Canadian University- The first step for obtaining a Canada study visa is to select a course and university of your choice and apply to them, make sure to apply for multiple universities as it can be possible the university you desire does not send you an offer letter or has some issues which result in a delay of the offer letter. Once the offer letter is received then we move on to the next step.
- Once you have received the letter of acceptance to the college, you should apply for a student visa. If you want to enroll in the September intake, you should start the visa application process around June. The following papers must be submitted in order to request a study permit for Canada.
- Valid Passport
- Proof of acceptance by a DLI Institute
- Proof of funds
- Passport-size photographs
- Immigration medical examination
- English language proficiency exam score
- Statement of Purpose
- Visa Checklist
- Passport (Front andBack)
- IELTS scorecard
- 10th Grade Marksheet,12th Grade Mark Sheet, Bachelor Marksheet semester-wise, backlog certificate, and degree/Provisional certificate.
- PG-Documents if any
- Work experience certificate(if any) and
- Internship letters (If any)
- Medical Certificate
- GIC Certificate
- offer letter
- Official fee receipt
- Passport-size photograph with white background.
- Financials (ITR, FD, CA EVALUATION)
- Parent’s DOB, Occupation
- Student Adhaar card number
- What is the SDS visa Category?
The SDS Canada visa category offers a streamlined application process and quicker processing times for student visas, but you must still fulfill all requirements for a student visa. All DLIs (designated learning institutes) are eligible under the SDS Canada Category.
Documents required for SDS visa.
- Student form (Imm1294)
- Recent education Transcript(10th, 12th, Bachelor’s and work experience in a single pdf.)
- Letter of acceptance
- Digital Photo
- Family form (IMM5707)
- IELTS score of at least 6 and no less than 6 in any subject
- 1-year tuition fees to be paid in advance to the institute.
- A GIC certificate is mandatory
- A complete medical certificate of the student
- Proof of funds (Financial not mandatory but recommended for eg ITR, FD, etc.) (The pdf of this is uploaded on the client requirement section)
(Note- Student firm imm1294 and family form imm5707 both will be available once you apply for a Canada study visa through their website)
What is the Non-SDS visa category?
The Non-SDS, also known as the General Category, is another way to apply to study in Canada. Students can apply through the Non-SDS Canada program if they are unable to meet the SDS requirements.
Documents required for a non-SDS visa?
- Student form (IMM1294)
- Evidence of work requirements in the study
- Letter of acceptance
- Digital form
- Family form (IMM5707)
- Proof of funds.
Through this blog, we discussed all the requirements and processes of a Canada study visa and how it is like to study in Canada. If you ever get confused and seems to forget what document you must carry, just save this blog and read it anytime anywhere to remove all your doubts.
Read More- What are the requirements to get admission in Canada for higher studies?
Leave a Reply