Are you planning to study post graduation? If Yes, then Canada is one of the best destinations for a Master’s program. Canada currently boasts around 6 lakh students from around 200 countries around the world. One-year Masters in Canada is worth doing because it is inexpensive, & guarantees you a good job & salary. Also, it is more affordable than a regular master’s degree program in Canada & saves time also. They also offer work permits to students post completion of your studies. If you are someone who is aspiring to gain further specialization in your subject field, then this blog will guide you regarding the various perspectives of the One Year Master Program in Canada. Let’s check it out!
Why One Year Master Program in Canada?
- Short, specialized & affordable master program
- Quality Master program at affordable price
- Home to best universities in the world
- Warm and friendly Canadian people
- Save up on Tuition Fees & living costs
- Research-based curriculum
- Practical experience through Industry placements
- Internship opportunities
- Part-time work opportunity
- Post-graduation work permit opportunity
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent at the Bachelor’s degree level
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or a Graduate Registration Review (GRE) scores may have to be submitted for admission.
- International students have also to submit IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE English language proficiency test scores
- Students have also to submit Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letters of Recommendations (LOR) to gain admission to One Year Master Program in Canada
- Students who aspire to enroll for bilingual courses have to submit French proficiency test scores.
- Statement of Purpose: Candidate has to state the reasons why he is applying for a particular course? This is an informative essay to be written by you and to submit to the university as part of an admission process. This document is an important one to be submitted as part of an application process.
- Proof of funds: A candidate has to submit proof of funds also to show that he can afford the cost of One Year Master Program in Canada.
- Academic Transcripts: Academic transcripts contain proof of all the marks obtained along with subjects passed. It acts as a proof that your foreign education is valid and equivalent to the Canadian board.
- Letter of Recommendation: Letter of Recommendation or LOR is a document written by previous employers or a professor who knows the person very well and gives recommendations for the candidate to the university. It adds extra weightage to your profile.
- English Proficiency Test Scores: IELTS or TOEFL scores have also to be submitted to gain admission.
- Resume/CV: Submit your CV/Resume mentioning your academic details, skills, goals, & professional experience.
Popular One Year Masters in Canada
The One Year Master Program in Canada can be studied under various degree names such as Master of Arts, Master of Fine Arts, Master of Science, Master of Engineering etc. These popular Masters in Canada train students in all the traditional aspects & hands-on practical training so that students can learn all the necessary skills in a short span of time. Masters courses generally start in September.
- Popular Masters in Canada program
- Master of Management in Finance (MMF)
- Master of Global Management
- MBA in Global Banking and Finance
- Master of International Business
- Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering
- MS in Hospitality Management
- Master of Digital Media
- Master in Agribusiness Development
- Master in Chemical Engineering
- Masters of Business Administration
- Masters in Finance
- Masters in Human Resource Management
- Master’s in Public Health
- Masters in Criminal Justice
- Masters in Computer Science & IT
- Master’s in Education
- Masters in Healthcare Administration
- Some of the other One Year Master Program in Canada
- One Year MBA in Canada- One-year MBA in Canada is the perfect opportunity for international students who don’t want to go for an extended period of 2 years full-time. This one-year Masters in Canada allows you to complete your MBA degree at fast-pace, within 12 months. Another advantage of One Year MBA in Canada is that it doesn’t put strain on your budget & finances.
- Eligibility requirements for One Year MBA in Canada
- An undergraduate degree
- At least 2 to 3 years of related work experience
- A valid GMAT score of 550 or above
- English proficiency test scores: IELTS 6.5 & above, TOEFL iBt:80-100
- Popular Universities offering One Year MBA in Canada
|MBA Tuition Fee (in INR) (approx.)
|University of Alberta
|University of Saskatchewan
- One-Year Master of Management in Finance
The MMF program is of 12 months duration and offered on a full-time basis. It prepares students for a global career in finance. The curriculum includes advanced financial concepts and quantitative methods with real-world business experience. This One Year Masters in Canada course also trains students in financial planning, analytical & conceptual abilities to make sound financial decisions, and financial control. Students are placed as Investment bankers, Financial analysts & Corporate finance.
- Academic Eligibility
- Undergraduate degree
- A GPA score of 3.0 out of 4.0 required
- IELTS Score of 6.5 & above, TOEFL score of 86/120, or PTE score of 65/90
- Average GMAT score of 670/800 required
- Tuition Fees: INR 35 lakhs (approx.)
- Cost of One Year Masters in Canada
The fee for One Year Master Program in Canada ranges from $7,000 to $20,000 (approx.) ( 4 lacs to 12 lacs approx.). One Year Masters in Canada are highly popular in Canada since it is cost-effective & are of shorter duration also. Additional costs may also come on administrative fees, health insurance, and other miscellaneous items.
- Top Universities Offering One Year Master Program in Canada
Jobs & Salaries after Masters in Canada
- After completing One Year Masters in Canada, International students become eligible for a 1-year work permit visa.
- The average salary after completing One-Year Masters in Canada is $70,000 CAD. Entry-level workers start with an average of CAD 50,000$ while an experienced worker after completing one-year Masters can earn up to $1,00,000 CAD per year.
- Engineers, Finance Managers, Data Scientists, Graphic designers, & CA are some of the highest paying jobs.
Work Permit for Canada
The Canadian government also issues work permits to students post completion of studies. All International students who want to work in their organizations of choice must apply for a work permit to remain in Canada.
One Year Masters in Canada is considered to be reputed, global and opens up vast career opportunities for you. Students who complete their masters in Canada are also eligible to apply for work permits post completion of their studies. This allows them to work for some duration of time after course completion. Thus, we hope that this blog might have helped you in knowing about various One Year Master Programs in Canada and its various details. Share this post!