Do you know that the UK is known worldwide for its One-Year MBA in UK? Unlike other countries, you have the option to pursue a 1-Year MBA in UK. The United Kingdom has more than 25 universities out of Top 200 QS Global MBA Rankings 2022. One-year MBA in UK for Indian Students is one of the most cost-effective programs (approximately starting from INR 10-15 lakh). Doing an MBA in UK means not only ensuring a good education for yourself, but making yourself a better candidate for a job anywhere in the world. Quality education, world class infrastructure, century old tradition and global recognition are some of the best reasons to choose the UK as the best place to pursue your One-year MBA in UK for Indian Students. If you want to know all the details about One-year MBA in UK for Indian Students, this blog is a read.
Why Study a One-year MBA in UK?
- Low Cost (₹ 10-15 lakhs)
- No Prior Work Experience Required
- Same value as two-year MBA
- 1 Year course duration
- High-quаlity eduсаtiоn
- Сlоse Links with Industry
- UK Business Sсhооl Reрutаtiоn
- Strоng Reseаrсh Infrаstruсture
- Glоbаl Reсоgnitiоn
- Саreer Guidаnсe serviсes and Аlumni Netwоrk
- Top 10 universities in FT business schools ranking 2022
- Highest paying degrees with an annual salary of 130,000 GBP
Top 5 Universities for One-year MBA in UK for Indian Students
For pursuing a One-Year MBA in UK for Indian Students, the general eligibility requirements are as follows:
- A relevant three-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized university (50-60% score), which is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree.
- GMAT Score – 600+ minimum average.
- Work Experience – Not always mandatory, but a minimum of 2 years preferred.
- Language Proficiency Scores – International students are required to submit an IELTS score of 6.5+ or a TOEFL IBT score of 95+.
- Letters of Recommendation – 1 to 3 Preferably professional or from supervisor.
- Statement of Purpose/ Essay – 500 words personal statement/SOP answering questions like short & long-term career goals, how will MBA equip you for a future, and why you chose the MBA program.
- Visa – A student visa to pursue the One Year MBA.
- Funds – You’ll need to submit proof of your funds to show you have enough money to support yourself between 1,00,000 INR to 1,50,000 INR/month
Admission Documents Required
- Resume – A well crafted resume, preferably of one page, clearly demonstrating your employment, education, and achievements. Should include your work experience, educational qualifications, project details (if any), internship information, list of extracurricular activities, & your interests.
- Academic Mark Sheets – 10th standard onwards to the final year/final semester marksheets.
- Transcripts – Bachelor’s Transcript is a consolidated score sheet that you receive from your college.
- Recommendation Letters – UK Universities require at least two recommendation letters. These have to be on the letter head of your school/college/ employer, should be stamped and signed accordingly. You will be asked to register the referees online and you will have to enter the title, full name, designation, company name and official email ID (no Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook) of your referees to the online application. They will then get an email from the university with a link they have to click on to recommend you. Half of this is based on a rating scale and the other half is either a text box or specific questions about you required to be answered. Please pick those referees who will be comfortable doing this all online and who have an official email ID.
- Personal Statement/Statement of Purpose – A 1 to 2-page essay which should address these main questions:
- What motivates you to do this course?
- What prepares you to do this course (academics, work)?
- Why do you want to do your MBA or a particular Masters at the UK University?
- What are your short-term, long-term goals or career plans in general?
- Work Experience or Internship Letters – A Work experience or Internship Letters from all your employers.
- Test Score Reports – Submit the scanned copy of IELTS/PTE scores
- Other Certificates – Extracurricular activities, social work, volunteer work, community service, etc. should be submitted.
- Passport: First & Last Page.
- Photo: Passport sized photograph
- Application Form: Completed application form must be filled and sent to the University.
Jobs After One-year MBA in UK for Indian Students
The UK offers a huge market for MBA professionals. Some of the popular specializations like Finance, Marketing and Human Resource offers an average salary package upto 90 lakhs per year after completing One-Year MBA in UK for Indian Students. MBA graduates from the UK are trained well to take responsibility for senior managerial positions in organizations. Graduating from the UK and its top business schools opens up the opportunities for some of the best jobs after completing a One-year MBA in UK for Indian Students. Here are some of the top job roles along with their average pay compensation:
|Job Title||Average Salary/Year (INR)|
|Finance Analyst||30 lakhs – 55 lakhs|
|Finance Consulting Manager||45 lakhs – 1 crore|
|Human Resources Manager||40 lakhs – 60 lakhs|
|Manager- People- Consulting||65 lakhs – 75 lakhs|
|Marketing Manager||30 lakhs – 70 lakhs|
|Information Technology Manager||40 lakhs – 65 lakhs|
|IT Services Manager||40 lakhs – 60 lakhs|
|Business Development Manager||48 lakhs – 50 lakhs|
|Consumer Strategy Manager||37 lakhs – 69 lakhs|
|Senior Business Leader||25 lakhs – 55 lakhs|
Specializations in One Year MBA Programs in the UK
There are a variety of specializations offered by one-year MBA programs in the UK. Some of them include:
- Human Resource Management.
- Operations Management.
- Business Strategy.
- Information Technology.
- Organizational Behavior.
- General Management.
- International Business.
- Information Management
- Global Banking and Finance.
The student Visa for the United Kingdom has a validity period of 16 months. This will allow you to have a duration of 4 months to look for a job after the early completion of a One-year MBA in UK for Indian Students. After 16 months, you can apply for a post-study work Visa.
Post Study Work Visa
The Post Study Work Visa is a temporary visa given to international students so that they can get a chance to live, study, and work in any career path once they’ve finished school. This is given by the UK government so that they can retain the best students from all over the world and to help them in discovering job prospects in the country. After receiving a Post Study Work Visa, International students can now stay in the UK for 2 years after graduation and 3 years after completing their PhD programe.
To find out more about the top universities offering One-Year MBA in UK for Indian Students, all you have to do is get in touch with Abroad Education Consultants (AEC). We help Students like you to find the perfect university for a One-Year MBA program in UK based on your scores & preferences, and apply to them! So, what are you waiting for?